Frequently Asked Questions

How do I reserve a camper?

The easiest way to book a camper is through our website. See our selection of campers and book the camper of your choice through the online calendar. You can also make a reservation by telephone. When booking, a 50% non-refundable deposit is required. The remainder is due upon pick up/delivery along with $300 deposit for damages which is returned to you once the camper is returned without any damage.

What forms of payment do you accept?

For online reservations, we accept all major credit cards. For point-of sale transactions, we accept cash, e-transfer, Interac and all major credit cards.

What is the earliest I can pick up the camper?

Due to COVID-19 restrictions, you must call to book a time to pick your camper. All campers must be returned before 8:00 p.m.

Do you deliver campers?

Yes. It costs $200.00 for us to deliver and pick up a camper within Windsor-Essex County which includes Wheatley. For any deliveries/pick-ups outside of Windsor-Essex County, it will cost $200 + $0.75/km.

Do you supply propane?

There will be at least 1 full tank of propane included with the camper. If more is needed, it is the responsibility of the renter to provide.

Do you allow pets?

Yes. We allow pets, however, due to other renters having pet allergies, we require an additional $50.00 cleaning fee for those campers who decide to camp with their four-legged, furry friends.

Are we expected to empty the black water (sewage) tank?

Yes. We ask that you empty the black water tank before returning the camper. If the tank is not emptied, we do charge $250.00 sewage. All campgrounds have the option for emptying black sewage free of charge, so please take advantage of this!

How far can we take the camper?

We’ve had campers go as far as BC & PEI. There’s even a rumour that one of our campers was in Mexico. We don’t set limits as long as the camper returns in the same condition it left in.

What if my camper gets a flat tire?

Each camper is equipped with new tires, a brand new spare and easy to use levelling jacks. It is the responsibility of the renter to change any flat tires that may occur.

Can we cross the border with the camper?

Yes. We allow the campers to cross the border.

Are the campers insured?

Yes. The campers are covered with liability insurance. Most auto insurance policies also cover for liability while attached to you vehicle and driving down the road. We encourage renters to check with their insurance providers to make sure that this is the case.

Do I need a brake controller?

Yes. By law, a brake controller is required for all Travel Campers.

What is included in the camper?

We provide the camper and (1) tank of propane. Anything else needed for the trip is provided by the renter. However, Cozy Camper Rentals Inc. does offer some camping necessities for purchase or rent. Please see our website for a detailed list of these items and pricing.

What do you recommend to pack for our camping trip?

Check out our packing checklist for great pointers on things to pack.

What if my question was not answered?

Please contact us and will be happy to answer any questions you may have.