Pie Iron Tacos
Our family loves cooking with pie irons while camping! One of our favourites is Pie Iron Tacos!
- Start by building a campfire.
- Once your campfire is going & there are hot coals, oil your pie iron (cooking spray is the easiest).
- Line one side of the pie iron with a tortilla.
- Add shredded cheese.
- Layer already browned taco meat. (We use ground turkey, but any meat of your choosing works!)
- This is where you can personalize your taco by adding any veggies you may like (onions, peppers, tomatoes…etc.)
- Then add another layer of shredded cheese.
- Place another tortilla on top. Folding the edges of the bottom tortilla over the top.
- Finish by closing the pie iron.
- Put the pie iron over the campfire. Depending how hot your campfire is, it can take 5-8 minutes. Make sure to flip half way through.
- Once done cooking, transfer to a plate (Careful it will be hot!)
- Add your preferred toppings; lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, sour cream.